Working Hard on the Undead

All day in class. I’m a little braindead. Ironic, since we planned a unit on zombies. It’s a different way to use your brain though. I have to turn that part on and try to get it to go. Like an engine that hasn’t been started in a while. And then it dies at 2 PM. OK, that happens during the school year too. I do really badly with the short days when we end at 2:30 and then go into meetings. I am not an afternoon brainiac. I’ll come back to life in about an hour or so. But even right now…ugh. I is tired.

I did manage to finally start ironing the big quilt last night though. A miracle. I kept putting off the start, because I knew it would be hard and time-consuming, and I wasn’t sure if I should do both quilt items at the same time, the big one I’ve been working on for the last month or the 17-foot human. Or if I should get ironed as fast as possible and then start sewing? I just don’t know. I have my eye on the calendar and the amount of time left, though, and I decided to iron.

I didn’t get very far. I laid out the first 100 pieces…

Aug 11 15 003 small

of almost 1900. And then I ironed the first 50 together, I think…not even.

Aug 11 15 002 small

And then I realized how early I had to be up in the morning, and I went to bed. Which did no freakin’ good, because I couldn’t fall asleep. So frustrating. I don’t know if it’s stress or trying to go to sleep earlier than my body wants to…but at the moment, I don’t have any brain power and I want a nap. That is not a good sign. I’m hoping to iron some more tonight, but really, I also need to plan at least the first week or so of the school year, especially since I will be gone on the 3rd day of school. Don’t know what to do about that. Ugh. Bad timing.

I’m figuring this will take at least 20 hours to iron together. In fact, I can look at last year’s big quilt, which was almost as big bad and ugly as this one…and it took almost 23 hours. OK. Revise. Let’s say 25 hours of ironing. I could do that by Monday if I worked my butt off and didn’t deal with school at all. So. Yeah. I’ll try, but realistically? Nah. Soonish though. I finished washing all the fabric I got from the SIL last night, so all those are ready for the string piecing. But this space can’t handle my doing both at the same time. It’s just not big enough. I can sew and iron at the same time, but not if I have fabric pieces all over the place.

Do you remember that I was going to clean this room over the summer? Yeah. It’s funny to me too.

The drawing is so big, it hits the floor, and the fan was making it waft all over the place. Kitten watched carefully…

Aug 11 15 001 small

And occasionally attacked it. With vigor.

Of course, she’s been sleeping all day and not working hard on the undead, like me.

Tomorrow, more interviews. Then I can haz 2.5 days off until the real crap begins. I should probably figure some stuff out, like the things I need for the first week or so. Eh. I don’t know what it means that I’m not engaged and ready to work. Some teachers have been at school, in their classrooms, for days. Redoing boards and decorating and I really don’t know what else. I found everything in about 3 hours. I probably need another 2 or 3 hours and I’m good. The girlchild will help next week with labels and stuff like that. I really need time to finish the new website and figure my brain out.

But I’d rather be ironing. Or apparently sleeping.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: